Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year

It's going to be tough getting rolling on the blog after the winter break, but I'm going to try to ramp up production of posts. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of blogworthy stuff going on right now. At work, people are just now trickling back from vacation and we're still a month away from what people assure me is the craziness of Carnival. Also, my plan for January involves kicking some substructure lensing ass -- you know, if it had one -- the details of which I will spare everyone.

I was thinking about blogging about the 400g giant gummy bear (larger than my hand) that I bought Sean at the gummy bear store. I don't have any pictures of it, however, and after Googling, I saw the pictures of the 13lb gummy bear and my gummy bear didn't seem so exciting.

And before anyone asks, I did nothing on New Year's Eve, but I did notice that New Year's Eve in Bonn is a lot like the 4th of July in Hyde Park -- lots of fireworks going off from every direction. And after reading this article a couple of years ago, it was nice to see that they do indeed broadcast that on German TV (more than one channel) on New Year's Eve (the internet didn't lie to me!).

No comments: