Thursday, August 02, 2007

New Apartment

I've changed apartments. My old apartment was a shoebox with wireless on a quiet and pretty street near the Zentrum and a block from the train tracks. My new apartment is a modest but respectable studio in Poppelsdorf. I've also got DSL up and running, although I've given up on TV (so no more blogging of the Eurovision Song Contest). The tenant the floor below and I share a washer, which is nice, but there's no dryer, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do come winter.




It's behind a perfume shop and has a small garden where one of the residents (my landlord's brother, I think) keeps and tends to birds and a koi pond. I've even seen chickens in the garden, although I don't know where he keeps them otherwise (there doesn't seem to be room).





The neighborhood is really nice, full of shops and restaurants with seating outside on the sidewalk (I don't have a photo, unfortunately, but I found the website for the restaurant 2 doors down and maybe you can extrapolate). I'm a few blocks from Poppelsdorfer Schloss and Allee.

A few random notes: I'll have pictures of my trip to Budapest up soon, I promise, and Sean's been blogging his travels in Germany using many of the same pictures (he took all of them) but better organized and with clearer text. Go take a look and leave a comment (he's lonely!).

No comments: