Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Gym Is Closing!

This post is 100% pure whine. My gym is closing at the end of the month -- just two weeks notice! And I'm very sad about the whole thing. What will I do when it's gone?! Reasons why my gym is awesome:

1.) Conveniently located between our apartment and the train station.

2.) Reasonably priced (including towel service and all the group classes).

3.) Sean and I get to be gym buddies every day.

4.) Nice facilities, always clean locker room, never really crowded, no sign-ups for cardio machines, no waiting for a shower. [These features are probably not unrelated to the reasons for their closing.]

5.) People working there are friendly (some even knew my name) and a relaxed (non-douche-y) atmosphere.

6.) Little things: the big bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower stalls (and, yes, I used them -- I'm too lazy to tote my own product); hair dryers and lotion too; the translucent glass shower stall doors (curtains inevitably lead to someone ripping the curtain opening while you're inside showering); and probably a lot of things that I'm forgetting but will remember and shake my fist about when I'm working out somewhere else.

And now it I will probably have to migrate to the further away women-only gym and Sean will have to go back to the university gym. Sigh.

No comments: